I'm going to keep this post short. But it's very easy to lose perspective in life. Sometimes you see what you want or you know what you should do but you get distracted by something that is irrelevant. An example is what I always try to preach: Focus on the decisions, results will follow. It's clear that my results have been poor in the past month or two, but it only gets worse as you keep focusing on the results which in the end affects your decisions. Honestly if you want to be blunt, results are completely irrelevant. Should it matter if you are up or down a session if you've been playing +ev plays throughout? It is stupid to even worry about it as long as you make good profitable decision.
This brings up another point that I find interesting, again, keeping the post as short as possible. Some people(including myself) might not realize when people refer to "decisions", it means much wider than the decisions in the big pots or tough spots. As little as choosing what table to play, what hands to open pf, or whether or not to call a minbet, they are all EXTREMELY important decisions you should be making. Every 3.5-4bb you raise preflop, it should be +ev with good sound reasonings. I don't remember how many times I lose focus and just play mechanical, this is completely exploitable and UNPROFITABLE. Every cent you put in the pot should have a positive expectation. Don't call a bet because folding would be "weak", call because you have a positive expectation.
Also the biggest danger in losing perspective is not just the results. You tend to start to build up certain emotions that are even more irrelevant. If you think you will get sucked out or lose every time you play, that "fear" you built up is completely idiotic and useless. If you think about it, someone who can truly focus on the decisions completely and none other, how can you tilt such a person? Results? what results? Does it actually matter?
Sunday, March 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
u gona post or what? i see ur the silent famous type. Best way to b imo.
I didn't realize I'm at all "famous". But thanks. :) I should be making a post soon though.
Post a Comment