Friday, March 20, 2009

Playing too Loose!

It's funny, as you understand the game more and see where all your profits come from. You start to realize that you can almost get away with murder! But on the down side, I tried to play tight this past session without a hud. My stats pretty much tell me that I didn't play much tighter than before!

I kind of like playing without hud, it's interesting to say the least. I wouldn't say it's "better" or "worse" yet because I'm still just trying it out. I'm only doing it for the sake of improving my game. I figure that I might be losing a bit of edge, so I was open to getting exploited or playing completely nitty. Though the obvious thing that comes out of it is that I'm paying much more attention to details and who's been doing what. I can see many positive gains from doing this exercise.

One obvious problem though, I'm seeing spots where the dynamics seem like villain is possibly making a move and I'm indifferent in trusting or not trusting. I guess I'll figure it out sooner or later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I only use a HUD for cash games and don't bother with tournament poker. Funny thing is I win more at MTTs and enjoy them more than cash, you reckon there is a link?

I find I can play 2 tables max without a hud before I haven't a clue what is going on! How many do you play with/without software?

Neb said...

Basically right now, I would be playing only 4 tables w/o a HUD for 6 max cash. For HU, I'm playing 2-3 tables, HUD doesn't really help for HU anyways.

My goal is to improve on my game, not so much to maximize my winrate. Though, obviously they are hand to hand with each other. :)