I'm playing my regular game, I was running probably a little loose on this table like 27/23ish stats. My history with villain is a long one but he's been getting the best of me in many many small pots. I was trying too hard to isolate him and outplay him postflop but it did not work very well due the following tendencies:
-limps a lot, stats of 60/17 or something
-will rarely ever fold to a cbet
-will rarely ever fold with really bad hands to double barrels.
-complete calling station(isn't it obvious?)
-minraises with huge hands and TP
-limp min3bet/3bet with 99+ against my isolation
-willing to make huge bluffs if he doesn't believe you
-he will value bet his good hands on one street but will check the next(but still won't be folding very much).
So basically, for hours, I was getting no hands I could value bet him to death. It was quite frustrating because if you hit, it's like printing money. Anyways, this hand came up with hours of reads on him.
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $4 BB (5 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.comFlopTurnRiver.com (Format: Plain Text)
MP ($2280.55)
Hero ($400)
SB ($394)
BB ($505.10)
UTG ($1292.15)
Preflop: Hero is Button with 7d, 9d.
1 fold, MP calls $4, Hero raises to $20, 2 folds, MP calls $16.
Villian limps a lot, this is a decent hand to isolate him in position. Of course I've been doing this for hours and if I hit middle pair I would value bet him to death. He's that much of a calling station but he's been running really hot. Against guys like him, you actually want to be isolating him with big cards more than these SC type hands.
Flop: ($46) As, 5h, 3s (2 players)
MP checks, Hero bets $36, MP calls $36.
I knew that my cbet was going to get called a lot but when I made the cbet I knew I was getting called by K high, any gutshot, any pair, almost anything even hands like QT.
Turn: ($118) Ah (2 players)
MP checks, Hero bets $88, MP calls $88.
This is typically not the best card to double barrel, because it's not believable. But I figure if I fire here, I'll fold out a lot of complete trash. Yet of course he calls, not a surprise. Thinking back on it, I probably should give up and wait for another chance.
River: ($294) 7s (2 players)
MP checks, Hero bets $256 (All-In), MP calls $256.
The 7 hits which gives me the highest non-trips pair on the board. Now I'm thinking what hands does he hold? I decided that he wouldn't have a hand like Ax because he would surely minraise or do something weird somewhere. And sure, he could have a hand like 88 but I've seen him limp/3bet pf with 99+ so it's unlike he has at least 99+. This is because I've been isolating him and he almost always does those weird lines with mid to big PPs. I decided that he might look me up really really light because he would never think I'm value betting a 7 here. I expect to get called by 5x, 3x, Kx, 66, 44, 22, 67, 75 very often. Occasionally he'll show me 88+ or some slowplayed Ax. I think shoving is going to be profitable good amounts of the time.
Final Pot: $806
Results below:
MP mucked [5d 4d].
Hero has 7d 9d (two pair, aces and sevens).
Outcome: Hero wins $806.
Snap called. Ship it! >:) I was exhausted after stacking him, if I still had it in me, I would stay and try to stack him for a 200bb stack. I know I'm going to regret it after I feel more energized later.
1 comment:
Good analysis, and obviously nice value bet. :-)
I've been dealing a lot with these kind of players lately and it has been extremely frustrating since they all seem to run super hot, all the time.
Go get em!
Post a Comment