I'm going to share a few, and Most are not trivial either. Most of them are hand reading, and it's a matter of paying attention to them.
- Player's lines - This is the most obvious and it's definitely not invisible. But weaker players tend to have trouble paying attention to the most basic information given in a poker hand. Actually, as one gets proficient in it, one should not rely only on villain's lines. This is a mistake I've made for a long time.
- Number of Tables - This is something I don't do enough since Stars have the "hide" option but fish rarely use this feature. If I know someone plays X tables, I can figure out how often he'll probably pay attention to details on the table and how much I have to consider what I've done on the table might matter in his decision process. This can factor a lot in your decision making, so don't be lazy and search!
- Preflop Shown Down Hands - This is a huge problem for myself. I tend not to pay attention to this as much as I should. Every position is different, you should pay attention what types of hands people are playing from every position. Some players never play less than AQ for Ax hands UTG, it's very likely he does not have more than one pair on like AJx board. Or what is this fish cold calling in the blinds? Is it any suited hand? Very very important yet very very often ignored.
- Handreading Starting from Preflop - This is very related to the above item. Another weak spot for me in the past, still something I'm working on. I tend to handread from the flop on, not preflop to flop to turn.. etc.. This is a huge mistake because instead of working from a narrow range of hands, I would start working from practically every starting hand(minus all the 72, Q2o or whatever trash). I can get away with this very often, but this is definitely a leak.
- Bet sizing - This one is a work in progress. If you can record how someone bets their hands in a particular instance, you can get tons and tons of information about his hand. Would a good player bet 1/3 pot with a very strong hand or a draw in a certain street? There could be irregularity in his bet sizing when he has a strong or weak hand. Yes, good players will "mix it up" but how many players seriously pay attention that closely? If you have this information, even only every 1 out of 100 situations(I suspect way way more often), it's worth it. But honestly I suspect many players have huge bet sizing tells and it can telegraph their hands and motivation.
1 comment:
Very good read =)
Post a Comment