I finished a session today, and I didn't run good at all. I was curious how much I'm down on the site overall. So in PS, I'm down 13BIs in 2/4 over 16k hands. I really don't know what to think about that. 16k is definitely a small sample but it's significant enough I think. While this doesn't necessary bother me right now, it does make me think about what other people are doing that are winning.
I'm really thinking about opening up a lot and playing the villian instead of my cards. I mean I'm not going to go maniac but I know I can use my hand reading ability to make profitable bluffs. Obviously the variance is going to shoot up, but I really think I can make them long term profitable.
One thing I admit that I am weak at is villian reading. I rely on stats way too much and it comes to the point that I make most plays based on stats. I think if I lay it out, it's about 80% stats, 20% tendencies. To make good bluffs, you really need to know what type of player he is and what types of laydowns he's willing to make. I got to ask these questions: what type of hands does he value bet? what type of hands is he checking down? what type of hands is he calling down with? what kind of things can I exploit from this villian? should I be bluffing him more or should I be value betting more lightly?
So like always, the next couple sessions, I'm going to be playing very few tables and develop really good read on each players. This will be good practice for my hand reading abilities and obviously working on what I am weak at.
Thursday, September 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
SirNeb,
16 buyins in 2/4 at PS over 16k hands (crazy variance).
At what point do you move down to rework your game or do u just keep grinding at that level?
I blow my lid after about 8-10 buyin downswings. You def got more heart than me.
It's just PS, I play FTP also. So I'm winning for the level overall, just I have to keep transferring more funds into PS these days.
But if I was to drop lower than 25BIs total for my BR, I'd definitely drop down.
Post a Comment