Though I never kept an official date when I started playing online poker(basically just poker in general), I do have an idea that it is around the UIGEA signing periods and immediately followed by party pulling out of the US market. Anyways, the exact date doesn't matter but definitely a lot has happened since then. So I'll just officially say right now that I have one year of poker on my belt.
As far as BR status update, my BR size hasn't really change. I made a decent sized withdrawal about a month ago, and since then everything is just going quite slow. While I'm probably winning at 2/4, my standard deviation gives me no room to make any assumptions. Though like I've mentioned previously, I'm running into way too many cooler situations than my fair share at the stake. While that probably wouldn't make me a huge winner, it would still be significant considering the sample size. But of course, I'm running quite good at 1/2. It offsets the losses made in 2/4. But honestly 2/4 is not the problem for me. It's the fact I just don't put in enough hands for variance to balance out.
But right now, my priority is set to do well in my classes. As long as I need to put in more hours for school, I'm going to need to put less hours in poker. That's determined and I'm not going to change that.
Sunday, October 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
SirNeb,
One year milestone is sweet, congratulations.
It's a wise choice you made, making school a priority over poker. Luckily I didn't start playing poker until my last semester of college. I graduated with a BA in Psyc back in Fall 05.
I'm sure if i started earlier, it would have been 10 times harder for me to graduate because I would be too tempted to play while on my computer.
It seems you have your priorities st8 so it shouldn't be a problem for u.
BTW, what year are u in and what are u studying?
Post a Comment