As some of you know, CTS joined the CR pros team as they launched the new site. Just right before the release of his first video, I was thinking about the style he is basically preaching in his videos. It is great to see a great player playing exactly what I had imagined, of course his thinking is still way above my level but it's a good reassurance.
Btw, a while ago I picked the book "Mathematics of Poker" by Bill Chen and I was not sure to recommend it. I can wholeheartedly recommend it now. I read a good portion of the book but I did not really grasp the full extent of it at the time, but lately after rethinking about my game, it's definitely a book that every poker player should look into. It's a very difficult book for the non-mathematical minds, but I think if you want to get to the high stakes, the understanding of the concepts is a basic requirement.
Of course I'm mentioning this now that CTS had mentioned it in his newest video(what a copycat!). Though he did not really recommend the book, he just said some parts were interesting. There are many more important information in the book that I really can't list. Most players do not completely understand why they are winning or losing. Actually I've been winning for a year and I did not know how until very recently how I've been winning. The book helped me realize this. Once it clicks, you start to think about the fundamentals and it makes the game really really simple. Don't get me wrong, I still got tons to learn but I feel like I can sit on any table and in a long run, I should come out ahead.
As far as results go, it's all talk and no solids. I have a lot of time to think about poker these days, since I can't physically play. Basically when my mind is free, I'm probably thinking poker. So I've been reevaluating lines and really digging down to the cores of the game. I thought about all the things that better players do, and validate the plays with logic why it's effective or profitable. My game is definitely evolving, and the game is getting more interesting to play.
On another note, I'll put this out now. Please don't quote me on it or bother me about this, it might not happen for another year or even happen at all. But after the pay it forward ends, I'm planning on continuing the pay it forward with my own student(s). The rough timing would be under 2 important criterias. 1.) when I feel even more confident about my poker knowledge(big question mark here) and 2.) when I have establish myself as a big winner with solid results. There is a 3rd, it's basically based on time. I'm hella busy these days, so only if I have the time to commit to this.
I personally hate teaching something when I'm only half ass at it, and my own confidence is very important. The first 2 criterias are a must before I take on this project, but I'm just throwing it out in case anybody is wondering. And no, I'm not taking any early application. Heck, there might not be anybody who is interested with applying. We'll see!
Saturday, October 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Put my name in the hat please.
Hmm, I'll have to give my copy of MoP another shot... btw, how sick are CTS's videos? I'm just completely blown away by how good he is - I think it's the ridiculous speed with which he does everything that gets me the most. Sigh, to be so talented.
Post a Comment