Sunday, December 23, 2007

Do as I say, Not as I do...

Ya, I need to take my own advice sometimes. I was thinking about the spots that separates fish from the better players. Postflops, I usually don't have problem but pf with big hands, you can really make a nice profit by folding some really marginal hands. I had 2 hands in today's session where I 3bet some guy with AK from the blinds and the bb comes over the top with a shove. It's not just a typical bb, his stats are like 40/37. I just can't get away from those spots but I think it's correct to do so because he had no reason to come over the top with worse. Worse players won't get away with this spot very often either, so in a long run I know it's neutral ev but I want to change it so it's +ev. If I had made those folds which I should have, it would be +ev in a long run in similar situations except I'm on the other side. It's just that I know villain is never bluffing in that spot, and his range is so polarized that I'm always flipping or dominated. Sad thing is that both time I decided to fold but I talked myself into calling. I think generally I need to go with my reads more and stop second guessing myself.

Another note, the supernova grind is still going. It's so draining when you are kind of forced to play. It's good for me though because I haven't been able to get long hours in. Today's session's results are crummy but it's no big deal.

1 comment:

RakebackFAQ said...

I always enjoy reading your blog its a great learning tool.


Merry Christmas to you and yours.