Thursday, December 13, 2007

My Blog Review

I started this blog in early Jan '07. I've came a long way since then. I think this blog really marks my development as a poker player really well. I browsed through some of the older blog posts, ya, I was terrible. Probably in another year from now, I'll think similarly about my current state.

In the past, I mostly tried to keep my blog in low profile but I realize that this blog had serve me well and it needs to evolve a bit. I think the fact that I intended it to be private but it's actually shown in public made it defeat its original intention. So I'm just going to leave it open for whoever to view and maybe it'll be useful for someone out there. This blog shows a reflection of what types of development a poker player needs to go through. The biggest advantage of this blog is that I did not hold anything back, apart from my actual stats/results. That's largely because I wrote with the intention of only serving myself and meaningful to only to me.

I'm not sure where this blog is going to bring me in the future. There is definitely a reason why I want to advertise the blog now. I'll reveal it in the near future, some may already can guess but try to keep it yourself. On another note, I started keeping an offline poker journal. Yes, it's handwritten! I basically just write whatever comes to mind and they are way too rough for anyone else to read. Also I started taking notes to things that could be useful to me. These include videos, forum posts, poker articles or whatever. I recommend others to do the same, it helps recall these things and you can slowly develop them into your game. In a long run, it's going to be a huge investment.

No comments: