One of the toughest part about poker is that you are always dealing with real cash. Even though I believe I'm pretty good at handling it, I really wish I can handle it even better. Many times in the sessions these days, I can't help but question how well I'm doing. Am I up or down? How much am I up(or down)? It's a difficult thing to combat and I know I shouldn't think about it. So I'm in a process of IDing them and defeat each emotion one by one.
One of my biggest fear is hitting a huge downswing, because it's mentally draining. Many times, I actually expect to hit one sooner or later. I keep a substantial BR online for that reason. So if it hits, it won't hurt. In some ways, it's wise but I don't think it's the best way to deal with it. Also I'm trying to change my mentality on luck. Luck has no memory. Sometimes I feel like I'm owed to win or lose. It's not horrible to think like that, but it's not the best way to think either.
So I'm going to try to train myself to think the money as "units". I'm cashing out a substantial amount and just continue to keep making good decisions. If I am to win, I will continue to do so.
Friday, December 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Just in time to have spending money on the holidays. Great job.
Post a Comment