Monday, August 27, 2007

My First Staking Deal

Okay, I'm officially staking Josh for 20k hands starting tonight. The deal is the following:

-20k hands playing 50nl
-50% staked, 25% profit(if he loses money after 20k, it'll have to compensate for 50% of his losses. But if he wins after 20k hands, he owes me 25% of profits made)
-he cannot check his balance during this 20k hands period
-he will not play more than 6 tables at once

So, pretty much all I ask of him is play his best poker and not worry about short term. I want him to make profitable decisions and not worry about his BR. He's been running pretty poorly these days and a lot of it I feel is because he's been worrying about how poorly he's been running. I just want him to focus on what is important(the decisions) and not the results.

Of course, I'm a nit. I did not take this stake to lose. I took this deal at 99% confidence because 1.) I know his game probably better than anybody else nowadays 2.) Even if I take a loss here, he will gain something from this. And I somehow will surely gain something in the future too. 3.) I feel I have a pretty good understanding of what makes one a winning player and one a losing player, and from what I've seen, I can't imagine him to be losing unless tilt is a factor.

Anyways, we decided he'll keep going until the 11th of next month(~20k hands), let's see what unfolds then. I expect to profit but I'll feel bad a little about it. Because I never play to lose in a long run.

No comments: