I managed to grinded out(+plus some rakeback) back up 6BIs. I need to do a lot more. I'm playing less fancy and just going to with solid plays. One thing I kind of want to focus more is table selection and just leaving tables where it's PROBABLY -ev. Even though I 9table, I think I need to exercise something like that.
Other than a few really odd situations, my plays have been pretty solid. I'm really working on my rr pot games, it seems to be a trouble spot for me. The reason it was a trouble spot is because I was playing with a crazy image and people could be doing it with the nuts or crap, so it's always a tough spot. I might just stick with a more loose solid image, it'll make my life easy.
These days, it's funny. Brian's words have been screaming in the back of my head. For example, here's the situation: I open raise with a hand like AQ or JJ, and a shorty with ~50bb open shoves. My first reaction is "where's the fold button?", then I suddenly hear Brian yelling "folding is horrible! call!" Funny thing this situation happened twice today. I won a coinflip w/ JJ vs AK and AQ dominated AJ. Free money. I guess this part of the game, I really don't think enough about. I don't mind AQ going all in, but JJ still feels just so odd. Maybe I need to look up the odds how often JJ flops against QQ+. It's really nice to have someone tell you what you are doing wrong, and where you are possibly losing value.
Wednesday, June 6, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment