I feel a little sick today, but I started sticking with just 6 tables. I'm getting pretty good solid results. I didn't win any stack vs stack, but I have been exploiting players with their tendencies. Yes, I bluffed them! ..but only when it's profitable. Also when people see you bluffing, naturally your other hands will get paid off much easier.
Lately I've been reading "The Mathematics of Poker" by Chen, the lesson about ranges and exploitive players are very good. It open up my eyes to how to make bluffs profitable. I think it's a pretty basic part of the game, but it's something that I wouldn't see how it can be profitable. I'm still deciding if this book is on the list of books I'd recommend. First 5 chapters are basics which I knew already, it seems to be getting better now that I'm deeper into the book.
Anyways for today, I'm up 2.5BI. Good results. I'm actually thinking of not looking at how well I'm doing after each session. I feel as long as I am confident about my play and play good poker, how much I'm up or down after a session is unimportant. It also makes me play my best poker and this will stop affecting my mood/thoughts for the day. It will force me to think long term results, not short term(session by session, day by day). I probably won't start doing this until a week or two from now because I'm still feeling my game. But as soon as I feel confident, this is what I'm aiming at.
Friday, June 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I hope you feel better. "Just" six tables? How many do you usually run?
Post a Comment