Monday, June 18, 2007

First HU Session

I played some 100nl HU. I think overall I did well, I ended up being down $17. I think at some point, I was down 3BIs but I stacked one guy 3 times. He was tilted and bluffed his last BI into me. The psychology of the game is so important. I'm going to start playing more HU, I already feel the influence it has with my current game. But I'm going to stick with the lower limits for now, I don't feel confident enough about my game to start spewing.

I don't know if I was playing a bot or something, but this guy was seriously limping his button into me every time and I was raising him while he check folds 90% of the time. I probably played him for over 200 hands. At the beginning of the session, he was basically c/fing to all my cbets. By the end of the session, he was calling me down with ace high. The weird thing about his play was that he literally instant check,instant fold,instant call without fail. I had never seen him tank on any situation. Well he ended up losing his stack to me, so it must be a really crappy bot if it was one. But I have to admit that he was super nitty, only money I was taking from him was flop cbets.

1 comment:

PGK said...

HU is crazy but I think there's a lot of money to be made at the 100NL on Full Tilt. I know I won't play it regularly until i have a VERY comfortable bankroll though. It's also too bad the rake is so high.

Keep up the good work!

Pete