I'm doing pretty well this weekend. My BR is at new heights after climbing out of my 10BI freefall. Other than that, everything is normal. Hopefully I don't drop BIs at the beginning of the week and have to play 20k hands catchup again. Though it was a rewarding experience imo.
Anyhow, I ordered 2 books today. One was recommended by Josh, "Mathematics of Poker" by Chen and the other which I thought would be interesting, "Weighting Your Odds in Holdem Poker" by Yao. I know MoP is going to be a difficult reading, and I'm very optimistic about it. My goal is to see the game more as a mathematical based versus a "feel" based.
The basic and most simple question I've been asking myself lately is "is this going to be profitable?". Honestly, this question rarely comes up for me. I generally know what will make the profits, but am I really trying to make profits? or am I just doing it because I *think* it's right or it's okay to do? I guess the fundamental question I lack is what is the purpose of the game? Of course, to make profits! This is the same question I somehow stopped pondering about.
Monday, June 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment