Saturday, July 21, 2007

Argh..

So I'm already running really really really bad these days. I decided to 4 table because I realize I was missing some key reads and it's spewing slowly when I probably should have played a hand differently. Anyways, one this table I had two maniacs sitting next to me, one of my right and one on my left. I was slowly closing out all my tables and I just felt it was a waste to give that table up. So my plan was, I'll play like a nit and try to hit a big PP and leave the table whether or not I get paid off. So apparently I had KK on the button and a utg regular raises, then a nit 3bets him. Well there wasn't much I could do, I was like "whatever the nit probably has like AK, JJ+ here, hopefully not AA". So I decided to 4bet pf, of course the nit shoves over me and there was no way I'm folding my KK. And there you have it, we all know where I'm leading to. I mean this normally doesn't bother me, but having losing sessions for the past few days really frustrates me. When you are running really bad, you really run really really.... really bad.

Overall I'm taking this decently well. 10+BI downswing just sucks balls. I think it hurts my confidence more than anything else after every session. I begin to question whether I can beat this stake or I was just lucksacking through. This is not the first time I suffer from 10+ downswing, but each time it has a new flavor to it and each time it is a new test. I can honestly say even with my optimistic view to things, I don't know how long I can hold up. :(

1 comment:

AppleSeed2082 said...

Sir Neb,

You should think about dropping back down a level to regain your confidence and a little bit of bankroll. There's no shame in that.

Once your head is on str8, move back up and crush it.

good luck,

AppleSeed