Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Little Pots

This week or two has been rough for me. I think I had one big winning session, and the rest of the sessions were either I was down or broke even. I've been really thinking about the importance of the little pots. If you take down like 5 or 6 pots with just cbets in maybe 100 hands, you are already making a good winrate. But every time you make a small mistake and call too loosely to a raise or something, your winrate is hurt. I've had many sessions where I win 3x stack vs stack and still come out break even. I mean surely I flipped with shorties and that crap happens, but some of the hands, I think could be avoidable. Is your middle pair good against an aggressive player? Ya probably, but are you going to call him down 3 streets to find out? Just escaping these RIO spots will help my winrate a lot. Anyways, the small pots really adds up. I think I can honestly have a session where I can win 8 stacks and lose them all through 20-30bb pots. This is something I really want to focus on. I know that's one of my biggest weaknesses.

2 comments: