Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Thoughts...

Something struck me earlier today. It's not really game changing but probably lowers down my variance. As my hand reading is getting better and better, but I'm starting to neglect my villian reading which is probably just as important. The fact is that I might have second pair and I read the villian as weak, I will very often go to showdown with my second pair. Yes, I'm right a good amounts of times, but it's also very hard to play when villian psb the river and you called a turn bet marginally. Basically I'm cross the line into a lot of RIO situations because I am trusting my reads more. Is this good or bad? I think both. But variance really sky rockets when you cross this line. In a long run, if I am doing the right thing, I expect like another 1 ptbb/100. But I feel it also expands mistakes if I am making them, because I'm constantly putting myself into a bad spot on the river.

A CR members said something that got me thinking. He said he rather be choosing when to play a huge pot than let the villian choose it, even though it might cost him to fold the best hand. I think it's a good thing to remember. Also, these days, I've been doing a lot of reading of the 2+2 forums and try to extract more things into my game. It helps to get me thinking.

A quick update, today, I ran a pretty good session. I ran pretty hot, like almost all RR pots I was in, I hit the board like a truck. That's not much of an accomplishment, but it's nice to run well for a change.

No comments: