Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Good session

I like the quote that brystmar said in his new ssnl beginner video: That aggression is what makes you profitable, the cards just help you break even. I'm seeing more the affects of this and my aggression has been very high these days. I feel even though my hands don't hit(which happened the whole night today), I still feel I can profit consistently. Then again, today I made 2 big bluffs today and both worked. That helped a lot. I'm not going to rely on bluffs but I'm willing to take the consequences if they do call them down. Ya, it'll suck but in a long run, hopefully it'll be profitable.

For once today, all my hands in misc stats were in the green. That is just amazing even though it's probably just dumb luck and even though some were barely in the green. Apart from that, I'm working on folding more often when my hand can beat very few hands. This is something I need to consciously work on. It's not easy for me. I like this quote I read in Phil Gordon's LGB, he mentioned that if you never get bluffed you are calling down too much. So in essence, it's okay to get bluffed sometimes but hopefully more often or not, you are getting away with the worse hand.

No comments: