Wow, I haven't felt tilted for a long while. It's a really scary feeling, it makes you play irrationally. Though I don't think I lost much due to tilt, I knew I needed to call the session off.
Anyways, I want to record how this tilt happened. Basically there was this maniac on my left being over aggressive and making all these obvious bluffs. I haven't really gotten a hand to fight back and I wasn't trying to since he was on my left.
I eventually won a pretty large pot from him with this hand here:
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.comFlopTurnRiver.com (Format: Plain Text)
Button ($50)
SB ($34.65)
Hero ($58.90)
UTG ($148.30)
MP ($51.65)
CO ($101)
Preflop: Hero is BB with 5c, 3c.
UTG raises to $1, 3 folds, SB calls $0.75, Hero calls $0.50.
Flop: ($3) 2c, 4s, 8d (3 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG bets $0.5, SB folds, Hero calls $0.50.
Turn: ($4) Qs (2 players)
Hero checks, UTG bets $2, Hero raises to $7, UTG calls $5.
River: ($18) 6s (2 players)
Hero bets $17, UTG raises to $34, Hero calls $17.
Final Pot: $86
Results below:
Hero has 5c 3c (straight, six high).
UTG has Kh As (high card, ace).
Outcome: Hero wins $86.
I actually thought about folding to that river min raise but I knew he was overaggressive I needed to pay him off if he had it. As you can see, he's pretty out of line.
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.comFlopTurnRiver.com (Format: Plain Text)
MP ($50)
CO ($30.15)
Hero ($99.15)
SB ($109.20)
BB ($51.65)
UTG ($101)
Preflop: Hero is Button with Ac, Ad.
2 folds, CO calls $0.50, Hero raises to $2.5, SB raises to $4.5, 1 fold, CO calls $4, Hero raises to $16.25, SB calls $11.75, CO folds.
Flop: ($37.50) 6h, 5h, Jh (2 players)
SB checks, Hero checks.
Turn: ($37.50) Ts (2 players)
SB checks, Hero checks.
River: ($37.50) 5c (2 players)
SB bets $92.95 (All-In), Hero calls $82.90 (All-In).
Final Pot: $213.35
Results below:
SB has Td Tc (full house, tens full of fives).
Hero has Ac Ad (two pair, aces and fives).
Outcome: SB wins $213.35.
Then this hand occurred, I took almost all my time bank to decide that river OVERBET. Against any other villian, I'd fold here instantly. I mean I should have played the flop more aggressively, but I don't know what I was doing. At the heat of the moment and thinking about how this villian is a maniac, I made a crying call. I mean losing this pot isn't that huge of a deal, though I know it was start of it. There was a lot of things I could have done differently but it's pretty difficult at certain moment in time.
Anyways, to continue with the story, this hand came along:
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.comFlopTurnRiver.com (Format: Plain Text)
MP ($28.10)
Hero ($50)
SB ($207.90)
BB ($54.55)
UTG ($99.50)
Preflop: Hero is Button with 9s, 7c.
2 folds, Hero raises to $2, SB calls $1.75, 1 fold.
Flop: ($4.50) 4h, Th, Jh (2 players)
SB checks, Hero checks.
Turn: ($4.50) 8c (2 players)
SB bets $5, Hero raises to $14.25, SB calls $9.25.
River: ($33) Kc (2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $33.75 (All-In), SB calls $33.75.
Final Pot: $100.50
Results below:
Hero has 9s 7c (straight, jack high).
SB has 6h 5h (flush, jack high).
Outcome: SB wins $100.50.
I guess I was *trying* to look tilted and wanted to make a irrational bluff. Sadly, perhaps I was a little tilted. I didn't put him on a made flush on the flop. Taking a second look at this hand, I was playing the sucker end of the straight *tsk* *tsk*, but I figure he'll may call me with second or top pair. After this hand, the maniac quickly left the table. Probably better off, maybe he'll take even more money from me.
Maybe 2 or 3 hands later, on the same table, after this maniac had left. I lost to another suckout.
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.comFlopTurnRiver.com (Format: Plain Text)
SB ($27.60)
Hero ($50.75)
UTG ($53.80)
Button ($99.50)
Preflop: Hero is BB with 9s, 5s.
2 folds, SB completes, Hero checks.
Flop: ($1) 7c, 8h, 6h (2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $0.75, SB calls $0.75.
Turn: ($2.50) 4c (2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $2.25, SB calls $2.25.
River: ($7) 5c (2 players)
SB bets $0.5, Hero raises to $8, SB raises to $15.5, Hero calls $7.50.
Final Pot: $38
Results below:
SB has Qc Tc (flush, queen high).
Hero has 9s 5s (straight, nine high).
Outcome: SB wins $38.
Runner runner backdoor flush. Though it wasn't a huge pot, I wasn't going to shove on the river. I knew I could be beat but that just set me off. It's not the pot size or whatever, but it's the sequence of events that is uncontrollable by you. Of course at the same time, I had other tables where I got coolered, such as flopping trips and another villian flopping it with a stronger kicker and overpair facing a flopped set. Nothing special really, but at that state, it was just over my limit.
I don't know, if I was to make these same type of decisions again at that point in time, I'm not sure if I could make the right ones. Because I was running well early session, I didn't lose as much as I thought I would have. I was only down 3 BIs. I really dislike paying off those maniacs, oh well. I'm going to go cool off for a while, the tilt hasn't completely left me yet. But writing it in my blog does help ease it a bit.
Friday, March 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment