I feel lately, I haven't been playing as much metagame as much as I probably should. Digging into the psyche of the bad players are very difficult, but their patterns are very distinguishable. I made one read today that was really profitable, and I was pretty excited that I made the right read.
Here's the hand:
Full Tilt Poker
$0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
6 Players
http://www.legopoker.com/hh
BB: $24.75
UTG: $93.70
Hero (MP): $37.70
CO: $24.10
BTN: $19.35
SB: $24.9
Preflop: 5d 5c ($0.35, 6 players)
UTG calls $0.25, Hero raises to $1.10, CO folds, BTN folds, SB calls $1, BB folds, UTG calls $0.85
Flop: 9d 6s 3s ($3.55, 3 players)
SB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks
Turn: 9d 6s 3s [9h] ($3.55, 3 players)
SB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets $2.25, SB folds, UTG raises to $7, Hero calls $4.75
I figured that I had the best hand here, they probably both had high cards. So I was actually value betting here. Then this guy came and check raised me. I was thinking, if he had a 9, would he play like this? The answer is definitely no, he would have bet out on the flop or at least on the turn. So the conclusion is that he is making a play at me with air or nothing worth seeing a showdown with.
River: 9d 6s 3s 9h [8c] ($17.55, 2 players)
UTG bets $13, Hero calls $13
I instant called this if it was another low card, if it was a broadway hand, I will have to be careful. I probably would/should have folded if that was the case.
Showdown
UTG had Js Kd (a pair of Nines)
Hero had 5d 5c (two pair, Nines and Fives) and won $41.40
Final Pot: $41.40 ($2.15 rake)
This is like super good for my image, but obviously I made this play based on read. Gotta love free money when you make the right read. Also I think my image has been super loose, crazy, raising even with air. Even though I really haven't been out of line, but the fact that I'm working on my aggression, this ended up perceived as crazy maniac-like when I'm actually not.
I'll probably do another session later on the night. Overall I like the results I'm getting, though again very small sample. Only time will tell.
Thursday, March 8, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment