During my session today, I made a really stupid mistake. I was extremely frustrated at myself. You could say I went on tilt but I definitely dropped from my "A" game because it was just so stupid. It wasn't the size of the pot that matter, it was the fact that I knew I wasn't beating anything and I still called a river bet. I was extremely disappointed in myself to make that call. I mean it's good that it grinds into my head to not make that mistake again. But on the other hand, it craps out the rest of my session. I went from a very good session to basically a mediocre session just because of one mistake.
Thinking about this mistake, psychologically, human makes mistakes all the time. You try to rationalize everything in your head and if you miss one key information, you will make an error. I don't know how you can minimize these occurances. I mean, how can you control what goes on in your head? Making a mistake once is okay, but the same mistake twice is just unforgivable. I guess I'm just a perfectionist. And knowing myself, I make the same mistakes over and over until it hurts then I eventually will learn. Sometimes you just want to strangle yourself for being stupid.
Oh well, I can't complain with a winning session.
Saturday, April 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment