Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Next 100nl stab

I'm hoping to take another 100nl stab by the first week of next month. I'm already close to 40BIs but I'm realistic about winrates so I don't want to overestimate and give myself false hope.

I think I understand myself better these days. As long as I keep playing solid, I just keep playing solid. But once I make a really stupid mistake, it's hard for me to pick things back up. I need to keep that in mind. You got to understand yourself best to be able to defeat your opponents. Also, lately I've been thinking about my own game patterns. Though this is not required in the stake I play in, I want to be ready when I do face some good thinking players. I want to be able to think a level above them. In order to do that, it is by exploiting what they think they can exploit about me. These things are good to keep my brain occupied, I'm always thinking about something new about poker. The day when I stop thinking how to improve is the day I probably quit the game. And I don't see this happening any time soon.

7 comments:

verneer said...

Made me think of this:

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle."

-- Sun Tzu

Neb said...

that quote makes so much sense relating to poker. Perhaps I should look into sun tzu's "art of war" in the near future. Thanks.

Fruitypro said...

Neb - you are definitely well equipped to beat the 100NL games. Your forum posts and logic are very, very good and you should be able to play 100NL or even 200NL with much confidence.

Gl at the tables,

FP

Neb said...

thanks for the encouragement, fruity. I appreciate it.

verneer said...

Yeah ... like Fruity said - I've definitely been impressed by your insight and understanding. 100NL or bust :)

papabigballer said...

Agree with verneer and fruity that you definitely have the game. And if you think the level of thinking at 100NL is much more than 50NL you might be a little off lol...the regulars are definitely better, but sometimes I just have to laugh at some people...I'm sure you'll do just fine.

I seem to kind of have the same problem you do. I only play 100NL but I have 50BIs for 200NL. It just seems like I want to be the best at 100NL before jumping to 200NL. I too have taken a few shots at 200NL but my luck has been horrid and its tough to lose 400$+ dollars in a bad session. You'll get over the hump though. GL, and I hope youre not at my table :)

Malfaire said...

GL at 100NL, Neb. Def in agreeance with all others here. You've certainly got your shit together.

MAKE THAT MONEY.