Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Tonight.. hot!

I was just about to retire tonight and one table, I ran extremely hot. I had back to back hands where I flopped the nuts. I flopped a set against 2 fish on the first hand that paid me off with trash. This fish instant minraised me, it almost seem like he was slamming the button for a instant minraise. The other guy had TPGK and stacked off, against a raise and reraise. Hey I'm not complaining. So I took in a pot of 300bb. Then the next hand, I had TT in UTG, I flopped quads on a multiway pot. One guy I knew he probably have like pocket pair decided to play back at me. I pushed him off the hand on the turn when he made a sizable bet. I just didn't think he was going to pay me on the river when I'm oop, so I made such a play. Anyways, I didn't get to stack him but I took a good pot from the quads. Then the immediate hand after that I flopped a set when he had TPTK. Ya, he wanted to play back at me so he's instant called my 3bet shove. Well of course I stacked him. Then the hand immediately after that, it was an unraised pot, I flopped trips which I got a little action. I guess that's what you call running hot. I would have been probably be up a little from the session, but after that, it was a nice session.

Considering, I played only 2 tables at a time tonight. I focused on hand reading the whole time. I made a lot of marginal calls, some went in my favor and some didn't. I feel I was really in autopilot before and it costs me a lot of pots. I'm going to keep focusing on 2 juicy tables for now, and improve my reads, then I'll slowly make my way up to more tables.

But conclusion is that 50nl is definitely a ton softer. I tried hard to table select in 100nl, I seriously couldn't find a really really juicy table. I ended up sitting with decent players that are probably not that great, but are "decent". I had an edge on them but I feel they probably had some on me too. Anyways, I'm going to keep building my roll until I take another shot. Hopefully that will be soon.

No comments: