So I was feel a little crummy that I was down almost 6 BI in one session. I was thinking hard about my game and of course being harsh on myself. So I came back from work early, I did another session. I ran really well and almost broke even with my downswing. You know, it is tough when you aren't hitting your hand when you got a big aggro fish raising you. I think that was a big part of the downswing, but of course I made some mistakes as I mentioned in the last entry. Getting frustrated definitely did not help.
Couple things in my mind after this session:
-I need to learn to fold marginal hands more(again), been kind of a calling station these days.
-I need to stop being lazy and put people on hands(again!), this is probably a bad habit and playing like 8 tables doesn't help.
-I need to make sure the table I'm playing at is juicy, leave if there's an overaggro donk on my left especially when I'm card dead. This one is really important, been lazy about finding new tables this morning because I was happily playing "mechanical" poker. Therefore my edge was limited, which probably led to my downswing. I need as much edge as I can salvage, just take the easy money! EASY MONEY!
Sunday, April 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey man,
This is a very good read indeed. I have often respected your good advice on the CR forums and I can see you have carried on the good work on here.
Keep going and gl at the tables,
FP
Post a Comment