Thursday, April 5, 2007

Made another session, helped...

I took a couple hours break. I came back and try to get in another session. It helps a whole lot when your cards are hitting, not big ones but still when you have some TP type hands, you can at least defend your own against aggressive players. Anyways, I made back almost half of what I lost earlier, which is a great feat by itself. Mental endurance with this game is just so vital that it's ridicious.

One thing I did notice is how effective 3betting light is. There is a level of variance but people steals so much in this level and just playing good pf game can easily make you a nice buffer of winrate. Also I believe it opens up your postflop game a lot too. This guy, who I am sure is a regular was 3betting like almost every other hand. His play is very spewy but because of his 3betting, he gets paid off very easily when he hits the flop hard. Of course he's also pushing with second pair and whatever also. I'm glad that is so because I won the biggest pot of my life from him. Basically he 3bet'ed me, he hasn't been pulling crap at me at all but I was holding AA w/ effective stacks of 200bb. I didn't want to play him postflop cheaply because he would easily has a huge advantage if he hits a huge hand against me. So I decided to 4bet him and play my hand for stacks no matter what. Of course that happened, he pushed with 2nd pair(99) and I obviously called. I think I would be a lot more worried if he played it slow. Oh well, he helped pay for some of my deficits.

No comments: