I did a session yesterday and early morning today. Yesterday's came out practically even, probably up like 30bb total. Today, I had some weird situations but still came up 1.5 BI ahead. That's good enough for me.
I do feel I'm a lot more confident about my game. I had a lot of dry boards today, I mostly win a lot of small pots. I rarely ever bluff with air, so my holdings are pretty important to my winrates. But during my dry runs, I try to lose minimal and win big. This is not easy when you got high cards but the board is low cards and vice versa. But overall I dealt with it fairly well, still came up on top, even after making one weird move on a donk and getting sucked out once.
These days, I've been making a lot more of these moves below. I mostly just want to win the money they had put in there. I'm not looking for a coinflip. This is pretty powerful, even with just OESD or flush draw. This mostly relies on fold equity and the fact that some players know I would do this, I can get similar action making the same play with my sets.
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.comFlopTurnRiver.com (Format: Plain Text)
CO ($23.35)
Button ($4.65)
SB ($42.35)
BB ($17.10)
Hero ($29.45)
MP ($32.10)
Preflop: Hero is UTG with As, Js.
Hero raises to $1, 1 fold, CO calls $1, 1 fold, SB calls $0.90, 1 fold.
Flop: ($3.25) Qs, Th, 7s (3 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $2.25, CO raises to $4.5, SB folds, Hero raises to $28.45, CO calls $17.85 (All-In).
Turn: ($54.05) Qd (2 players, 1 all-in)
River: ($54.05) 6s (2 players, 1 all-in)
Final Pot: $54.05
Results below:
Hero has As Js (flush, ace high).
CO has 3c Qh (three of a kind, queens).
Outcome: Hero wins $54.04.
I like these plays, I have a good amounts of outs. If he only has TP, I am a favorite. If he folds, that would be perfect. If he doesn't fold, worst scenario I'll be down to 12 outs. Even in these low stakes, getting a chance for slight favorite against bad players is really good. It can give you a really loose image and tilt some players.
This villian is such a noob. I don't know how these players do well sometimes. I see him play a lot. I probably can't profit off him easily most of the time because he's aggressive. But if he calls these plays all the time, I would profit off him in the future.
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.comFlopTurnRiver.com (Format: Plain Text)
Button ($42.35)
SB ($25.60)
BB ($30.60)
UTG ($19.60)
MP ($9.75)
Hero ($25)
Preflop: Hero is CO with 7c, 6c.
UTG calls $0.25, 1 fold, Hero raises to $1.25, Button calls $1.25, 1 fold, BB raises to $3.25, UTG folds, Hero calls $2, Button folds.
Flop: ($8.10) 4h, 4c, 2c (2 players)
BB bets $4.75, Hero raises to $21.75, BB calls $17.
Turn: ($51.60) Kd (2 players)
River: ($51.60) 5d (2 players)
Final Pot: $51.60
Results below:
BB has Ad Qc (one pair, fours).
Hero has 7c 6c (one pair, fours).
Outcome: BB wins $51.60.
With those holdings, this was definitely a coinflip, I was a slight underdog. While he might have made a good play to call me so he doesn't lose his dead money, what if I make this play with an overpair or a set? he'll be dominated. I'll keep this in mind against this villian. By the way, he called me INSTANTLY. Maybe I'm just irritated that he makes these loose calls. Still, what an idiot!
Wednesday, January 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment