Thursday, January 25, 2007

Always an uneventful ending, overall excellent

Last hand of the session, I had a 9 outer draw. I made a play on the flop against villian's raise, but he minraised me back giving me odds to draw. Same thing happened on the turn, the pot odds and implied odds were definitely good even for a flush draw. He basically committed himself anyways, and I didn't need much implied odds to make the call profitable. I did not hit, just kind of ironic last hand of the session ends up like this. I didn't lose much on that pot, less than 30bb probably but still. Funny thing is that during the whole session, I didn't play one drawing hand because they never came up or I didn't get action after applying some pressure.

But overall, the session came out good, I ended up 2 BIs ahead. I had some suckouts/coolers, but they were all against shortstacks so it wasn't a big deal. I'm feeling pretty good about my game right now, I loosened up my 3betting requirements a lot against regulars. I try to confront them with the best of it most of the time, I might lose a lot of small pots but when I hit the board, they are going to pay. I hope I keep it up.

No comments: