I think as I keep playing the game, especially during downswings, I start playing scared. I feel my TPTK is against a set or my lower set is against a higher set. This is what I called playing scared. If you think about the stats, if it's heads up, TPTK is most likely best. Yes, there will be a few times someone spiked a set or 2 pairs or something. But if the board is innocent, TPTK especially with AK, you probably best.
Another concept I'm working in my game is willing to play for stack once I think I have the best hand. Whether this is based on absolute strength or relative strength, I should put more money in the pot if I feel I am best. I have to trust my read on this one, and stop playing scared. Yes, I will make mistakes and hopefully these mistakes won't be too costly, but being able to do this will be very profitable.
Lately, I've been more willing to throw my stack in for a monster draw against a big OP. Results are horrible, I get drawn out of so frequently. I know this is just short term, it's very discouraging when I am trying this out. Just to give you an idea what I meant, here's a recent hand:
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.comFlopTurnRiver.com (Format: Plain Text)
SB ($55.65)
BB ($28.70)
UTG ($4.15)
Hero ($24.65)
Preflop: Hero is Button with 6d, 8d.
1 fold, Hero raises to $1, SB calls $0.90, BB raises to $1.75, Hero calls $0.75, SB calls $0.75.
usually in 25NL, PF rr means AK,QQ+. This was an easy call for an implied odds to get his stack.
Flop: ($5.25) 6c, Qd, 5d (3 players)
SB checks, BB bets $3.5, Hero raises to $8.5, SB folds, BB raises to $13.5, Hero raises to $22.9, BB calls $9.40.
This is basically a dream flop for my hand. 2flush board and a pair. I have 14 outs. I think I should have shoved on the flop to take his 3.5 instead of how I played it. I'm still learning the most optimal way to play this. I want him to make a mistake to fold here. Even if he doesn't, I have outs.
Turn: ($51.05) 6s (2 players)
I hit one of my out, he is basically drawing to just 2 outs.
River: ($51.05) Ah (2 players)
He hits his 2 outs.
Final Pot: $51.05
Results below:
BB has Ad Ac (full house, aces full of sixes).
Hero has 6d 8d (three of a kind, sixes).
Outcome: BB wins $51.05.
The result sucks but this stuff happens. I think I need to get used to it. In a long run, I will break even on this play. I think I should have probably try to shove for fold equity, or bet a little larger. Maybe he'll fold his AA, doubtful but it's possible. I'm definitely learning.
Oh yea, I'm climbing back up from my downswing. I'm trying to tighten up my hand requirements and playing more aggressive PF. I want to play for stacks when my hand hits and if it doesn't, I want to take it down with a cbet. This is extremely profitable I think if I have respect on my cbet. I'm going to tone down my cbets a little so I get some respect.
Also, I'm going to try to find more tables with big pot sizes. I find lately that if pot size is too small, the table is too unprofitable to play in. Maybe this is something I've been neglecting. We'll see.
Tuesday, January 9, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment