Thursday, January 11, 2007

6 hours session, down 1.5

Just finished one of the longest session, I did not think about how much I'm up or down the whole time. I made one really bad mistake in a deep stack HU pot. That basically cost me the whole session here. Sometimes I think I just give villians way too much credit and perhaps I'm giving myself an excuse to make a fancy call. Every evidence pointed that he had the hand that beats me, but I gave myself a reason to call off my stack.

I think this is the toughest thing about this game. Especially on these low limits, some players just love to bluff. I'm a prime victim for bluffs because I believe them most of the time. And I hate myself when I make a wrong call. I know every mistake brings me back a couple steps. Doesn't it suck when you keep raising with the best hand and you have a caller, then a river completes a flush or straight or whatever, then the villian promptly pushes all in? I've caught so many doing this and bluffing, but also there were many times they weren't. I don't know how to decide correctly.

One thing I do notice is how weak I am at memorizing preflop action. It's mostly due to multitasking. I need to work on that because it is key to putting villians on hands, and I gotta stop being lazy. Perhaps I should do shorter sessions, maybe it'll help my focus.

No comments: