Monday, January 15, 2007

Another successful session done.

Just finished another session, up a couple buyins. Satisfactory session definitely. I did make one really weird ass play that worked out for me.



This villian has been stealing blinds almost every button so I decided to make a play at him. His stats looked pretty solid.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.comFlopTurnRiver.com (Format: Plain Text)

UTG ($22.30)
MP ($3.40)
Button ($18.75)
Hero ($26.10)
BB ($43.80)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 4s, 4c.
2 folds, Button raises to $1, Hero raises to $3, 1 fold, Button calls $2.

Flop: ($6.25) 7s, 6c, 3h (2 players)
Hero bets $4, Button calls $4.

Turn: ($14.25) 9h (2 players)
Hero checks, Button bets $9, Hero raises to $19.1, Button calls $2.75 (All-In).

This is just a weird ass play by me. I don't know exactly why I knew he didn't have anything. I mean I was looking at the board, I figured he would have all high cards and he would reraise me all in on the flop if he had an overpair. The 9 obviously didn't help him as much as the 763 flop. I made a really weird play, I think it might have been a mistake but I just don't know why sometimes I make these plays. I wasn't tilted or anything, and usually if I feel I am making a stupid play, my intuition will kick in and tell me NO. This time, that didn't happen. I thought he would have like AK or KQ or something that probably missed the board. If he did hit, he probably want to see a cheap showdown, not try to take it down here. Also, why would you call on the flop w/ a low pair? Of course at the time I didn't think so deeply into it. But the more I thought about it, the more he didn't make a convincing story. He just wanted to float and he failed.

River: ($45.10) 7c (2 players, 1 all-in)

Final Pot: $45.10

Results below:
Hero has 4s 4c (two pair, sevens and fours).
Button has Ac 5d (one pair, sevens).
Outcome: Hero wins $45.10.



Generally speaking, I rarely ever make these plays. I mean this one is like 1 in 20k hands probably I would make such a loose call. So, if it is a leak, it's not a big one. Anyways, you can call it a happy mistake but at least it's happy.

One last thing to note, I need to improve my value betting more, I am making horrible plays and losing value because of it. This holds especially true for multiway pots. I need to strategize better how to extract.

No comments: