I made a couple mistake on one particular table. I got drawn into a fish's loose style and decided to push back, well he apparently caught a good hand on the flop. Sucks. I also did get sucked out once today, which is not bad for a session.
There is this one hand that took me my whole 60seconds timebank to make a decision, I really wanted to make sure I wasn't making a mistake. Some people might find this HH interesting.
This villian had a couple bad beats by me. He was on tilt after losing a KK vs AA against me. Whether or not he had a grudge toward me is irrelevant. But I did notice he was playing very marginal hand very strong. His VPIP is off the roof, probably around 60s. He's definitely a fish.
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.comFlopTurnRiver.com (Format: Plain Text)
Hero ($69.45)
Button ($30.40)
SB ($7.40)
BB ($25)
UTG ($25)
MP ($50.45)
Preflop: Hero is CO with 7s, 6s.
1 fold, MP calls $0.25, Hero raises to $1.25, 3 folds, MP raises to $2.25, Hero calls $1.
These days, I love playing mid SC cards. They really open up my game a lot. This raise is an easy call, even a 3x my raise, I would have called it with 100bb stacks. But we had like 200bb stacks here.
Flop: ($4.85) 8h, 9s, 8d (2 players)
MP bets $3, Hero calls $3.
Pretty decent flop, I have an OESD. This is ideal and very deceptive. I didn't want to represent an 8, that's pointless against a calling station/tilted player.
Turn: ($10.85) Js (2 players)
MP bets $4, Hero raises to $12, MP raises to $45.2, Hero calls $33.20.
This is where it gets iffy. I tried to represent a J in case he had a 9. He quickly shoves on me. So this led me to believe he either is bluffing or he has an 8 or J9 or overpair. The pot is 68 dollars and costs me 33 dollars to call. I took my whole timebank to decide this. I know I'm definitely behind right now. But given those hands and his maniac like plays, I put him on no bigger than trips. I'm almost definitely sure he didn't hit a boat because he's been splashing around with many marginal hands. I have roughly 1/3 pot equity, for a pot of roughly 100 if called, so it would be correct to make this call given the dead money already in the pot. If I fold, it's definitely -EV, while calling would be at least break even in a long run. Since folding is -EV, the best option is obviously calling.
River: ($101.25) As (2 players)
Final Pot: $101.25
Results below:
MP has Ac 9c (two pair, aces and nines).
Hero has 7s 6s (flush, ace high).
Outcome: Hero wins $101.25.
Well result is happy for me. But even if it wasn't this result, I should have still made this call. Folding would definitely be a mistake, given the read that I had. It's still a very tough call because it's deep stacked.
Tuesday, January 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment