Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Tilt is a scary thing

No, I didn't tilt much. But it does affect you in small ways, certain feelings that gets you to just fight back. Fight back in NL poker means throwing away your stack stupidly. I usually mostly semi-tilt when I make a really stupid mistake. I don't tilt badly when I am in a downswing anymore.

Anyways, after donking away a stack against a regular in pokerstar. I came out roughly 2 BIs ahead. This is pretty good for most part. I think the cards came my way a lot this session. I mean in my previous posts, I showed how brutal some bad beats are. Other times, I become the suckout king.

No it didn't have such a session. I did suck out kind of once here.


I've been trying to go after villian a couple times. We had a split pot once with AQ a couple hands before. He definitely wanted to get a piece of my stack, he wasn't going to slow down on a great hand.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.comFlopTurnRiver.com (Format: Plain Text)

BB ($22.05)
UTG ($29.45)
MP ($58.95)
Hero ($36.40)
Button ($12.65)
SB ($21.90)

Preflop: Hero is CO with As, Qd.
2 folds, Hero raises to $1, 1 fold, SB calls $0.90, BB calls $0.75.

Flop: ($3) 6h, Ad, 8d (3 players)
SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $2, SB raises to $4, BB folds, Hero calls $2.

I thought Villian probably has a weak ace or a diamond draw. I wanted to suck him in a little. I definitely wouldn't put him on AK here. He check raised me, I think that is why I didn't hit him harder. Also, most of my tables people just expect me to put out the first raise on the flop.

Turn: ($11) Qh (2 players)
SB bets $16.9 (All-In), Hero calls $16.90.

If he has a set, so be it. I hit top 2 pair, I wasn't going to fold this. I expected this to be another chop.

River: ($44.80) 8c (2 players, 1 all-in)

Final Pot: $44.80

Results below:
SB has Ac 6d (two pair, aces and eights).
Hero has As Qd (two pair, aces and queens).
Outcome: Hero wins $44.80.


I kind of sucked out on him. I hate it when this kind of thing happens when I flop 2 pairs. There really isn't much you can do about it. I'm not sure what I would have done if the turn didn't bring a Q and I was facing a shove. From the flop, I was pretty much willing to play for stacks with this particular villian. The only thing I was certain is that he doesn't have AK, so if he only had TP, I know I had him. I probably would make the call honestly. I might regret it if he had a set, but the chance is just so rare. Against two pairs, I have decent amount of outs. Ya, I think in a long run, calling a shove is +EV if you know AK isn't out there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had the exact same thing happen to me after my last blog post. I had AJ and it was a similar flop. I was keeping the pot small until i rivered a J. Out of the blue he pushes i call and my two pair beats his. Just goes to show that playing weak Aces is definitely -ev

Good hand and good luck at the tables!