I did a 2 hours 25nl session playing very positional lag, I guess it's more tag than lag since my VPIP was under 20 for most part. There's good news and bad news. The bad news is I still went down 1.5BI playing 25nl, the good news is that I know I'm beating the limits. I made some donk mistakes, I admit it. But overall I feel it's extremely easy to profit from players in 25nl. Even regulars in 25nl feels like a fish to me if I play correctly.
I think the biggest factor to this is that 25 dollars BI seems so small once you are playing in 50nl. You just make plays that you think will work and you do it. I'm not saying I'm bluffing a lot, but I do make quite a bit of positional raises and it works well. I'm going to build my BR to at least 30, maybe even 40 BIs in 50nl before I move back up. Even though I wasn't afraid to lose money in 50nl, I am pretty sure I don't feel completely comfortable throwing in my stack. With the aggression in 50nl being much higher than 25nl, I know the variance is going to be bigger. I need to build my BR big enough that I don't even feel losing a BI will hurt me at all. This is why I feel very confident in 25nl. Other than the tables I donked off a couple BIs(probably 5 BIs down total minus the few hands I got coolered/sucked out), I was in the green on other tables. Even though I didn't know until I look at my PT, I felt that I was doing decent.
Friday, February 9, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment