I played a lot earlier, and came out 1 BI behind. I was pretty uneasy about that because nothing went my way and it was frustrating. So I came back for an hour session, then made 3 BIs without realizing I did so well. I knew I was probably up 1 bi, but 3 was a surprise.
I have to say that check/raise is my new friend. People who think I play straightforward are getting check/raised very often by me. It also reveals the strength of their hand if they call very often. This is very good being OOP. Also, some hands definitely should be raised but if you don't it's not a big deal because it lets you pot control. Besides c/r represents a huge hand that very few hands can withstand the heat.
Another thing I've been doing is a lot of high variance plays. I'll reraise all in on a decent sized pot with a decent draw. Most people can't make those calls unless they have a very good hand. Only donks will call with TP. If they fold good amount of times, I'm in an immediate profit. If they do call, I have outs which is fine. I kind of like this style, but it's very high variance but I find that I get folds very often and sometimes I will be doing this with a made hand. So it adds an element of deception to my game.
Sunday, February 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment