Thursday, February 1, 2007

Second Impression of 50NL

Today I took my second stab at 50NL. It's totally different than what I thought it would be. Games are actually quite soft as it was in 25NL today. Players played bad, and pays me off way too loosely. I'm getting a better feel for the level though, the numbers are still foreign and betting sizes twice as large. Overall, I separate myself from the numbers very well.

Anyways, donks paid me off stack vs stack 2 times. These I feel are generally just luck based, it could swing both ways. But I still win myself almost a BI by winning small pots over and over. These are more accurate numbers I feel, but of course winning stacks are definitely a big plus but it's not quite as consistent. It also shows how I'm doing in the new limits, I think it's a good representation that I can beat this limit.

Currently I'm still only 4 tabling, but as my bankroll increases and my confidence boosted, I will go to my usual 6. One thing to note is that there are less games in 50nl than 25nl so getting in the right games are pretty important. So far, I'm trying to spot all the sharks out there and try to stay out of their way. Currently I still haven't seen a super solid player out there that I should worry about. There are many decent players but none that intimidate me. I'm sure I'll figure it out very soon, and I'm pretty glad to get away from the regulars in 25nl since most are probably tired of me. :)

No comments: