Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Downswing cont.

I actually did a longer session today. Two hands that I played for big pots, I didn't like how I played them. One, I totally donked off a stack. The other, I stupidly made a slow play on a drawy board. Anyways, they are good lessons, especially the second one. The first one, I had no read, no nothing and made a play with TPGK. I got lucky once when someone flopped a straight on a 3 flush board. I called an all in on the flop w/ AA and the nuts flush draw, and I hit it on the river.

Well I guess it's not so bad that I only came out only half a BI behind since I started. Only problem is that what I'm seeing is, minus the stack vs stacks, I'm only breaking even for a 3hr session. Kind of discouraging.

I've been trying to up my PFR, this is tougher than expected. I really need to work on what range I'm going to 3bet with. I think it's tougher because I'm playing on very loose tables and 3bets are being called almost all the time. There are always new things to work on with my game. I am seeing a few times I did not maximize my value with my hands, I need to work on that.

Hopefully this downswing doesn't last too long.

No comments: