I feel kind of uneasy today because I played a long session, probably 6+hours today. I won a lot of big pots but I also lost a lot of big pots. There are a few mistakes I could have avoided, but overall I played solid. I encountered some really aggressive players that pushed me around I felt. Some are more obvious than others, it's very difficult when you aren't hitting hands and you don't really have much of an option than to just "fold".
I made 2 huge calls that made me 2 stacks but ya know, I don't like having to depend on these huge calls to break even. I mean I called down 2 bluffs with second pair and TPNK. They were both extremely marginal, but I still made those calls. I mean I won a bunch of medium sized pots, and got really unlucky with some big PPs and other drawy hands. I just have to wonder if I made folds on those hands, how much I would be down right now. I can say wholeheartedly that all my big hands did not make me much throughout the whole session. This is just extremely frustrating.
Anyhow, I've been noticing that I rely less on set mining much these days. It's not like I'm purposely not relying on them, but I don't freaken hit them! The only thing making me standard amounts are the big PPs and AK type hands. Also, my positional play helped a lot today.
Another thought is this whole legistration crap. I tend not to think about it, but it's probably making the games much more difficult. I'm not afraid of the challenge, but I know things are a lot tougher than it used to be. Probably in 50nl, things aren't that bad but it'll only get worse as I move up and have to deal with regulars that has been playing for years before me. I will embrace this challenge, and still be successful!
Sunday, February 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment