Wednesday, May 2, 2007

1st 100nl stab/2nd Session w/ Brian

I came out ahead, but I sucked out on one hand, turned T2P and got it in on the turn against a set. I 4 outter'ed my boat. I was not playing comfortable but I felt it was probably the best way to get my feet wet. Bet sizing is something I first need to get used to.

The second session was interesting. We joked around a lot more, and loosened up. We had pretty good discussions on some hands. It's very good to hear how others approach a certain situation. There are many ways to play one hand, and there are different plays for different situations. Knowing all the different ways is good.

After that I did a short session with Greg railing, he wanted to see how I play and he wanted to absorb a bit more. It was a short session, the result wasn't so great, I got into a few marginal spots and had the worse hand each time. I showed him how to nit it up. I usually don't do that as much as I did during that session because I rely on table dynamics and reads very often. And when I talk about concepts, I can't pay attention as much with reads. I feel that's my greatest strength, using reads to make the most profitable very low variance plays.

Anyways, I'll probably do a bit of 100nl tomorrow. I hope to play more comfortable, and much less nitty. It'll take some time.

No comments: