Saturday, May 19, 2007

A Thought

There's something I wanted to note about some changes in my game mentality. This is definitely resulted from playing more and more hands. I played probably like 4k hands just today. I really felt like I'm in the zone, all I'm doing is making decisions. Results were helpful to assure my reads, overall they didn't affect me very much now. You make a decision, you mess up, you move on. Even though at the beginning of a session, I might lose a couple BIs from suckout/mistake/cooler or whatever. I have the confidence that given enough hands, I can bring this to a winning session. I no longer really care if I lose a BI anymore. Sometimes if I feel someone don't have it, I'm going to push my stack to bluff. As long as I feel it's +ev and in a long run will make me money. I'll limit these fancy plays but I'm not afraid to pull it off if I'm confident(this is rare but it happens more often now after working with Pawel and Brian).

Again, I am anxious to get more hands in. There is no better learning tool than getting tons of hands in and reevaluating your game. Though I really need to study for my CS final on Monday.

No comments: