This week has been swingy for me. I have been doing a bunch of experiments with table images and playing lag. Well obviously the experiment went south when I dropped like 7BIs earlier. It wasn't a big deal because I was card dead and I made some marginal calls. When you got a shit image, your big hands don't hit, you will inevitably spew. I didn't lose many stack vs stacks, but I lost a lot of 40bb sized pots. Those add up!
After the session with Brian, we watched him play 200nl. It's always a pleasure watching him play and him explaining his thought processes. He ran really poorly for like 4/5 of the session, he probably went down like 3 BIs over 800 hands, but some miracle happened and he came back being up 1BI by the end of the session. He was very insistent about stacking the bad players, and he kept at it until he did. The cards were not in his control but he knew he will take their stacks given enough hands. After his session, I was pumped to start my own session. I used some of the things I learned from his session and try them out. These included timing tells, how handle certain types of situations and etc.. They were awesome, especially timing tells. I'm going to work on that a lot. After the session, I made around 3BIs, so only down 4 for the day. It's not so bad I guess.
These swings are just killing me, it's always up and down. I like to get past the 5k mark for my BR sometime soon but swings are just not letting me. Oh ya, it helps to hit a set once in a while!
Thursday, May 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
He bottomed out at around -$800 ... nice comeback though. Keep on experimenting and getting that BR up :) As you can see, $200NL isn't that tough ...
Post a Comment