We just finished our first session tonight. To sum it up, Brian(Hookem148) played some tables of 50nl and we discussed on his play. We talked about a couple interesting topics.
The few interesting things that stick in my mind are:
-timing tells
-oop play
I honestly don't have much to comment about timing tells because it's definitely not a huge part of my game and I am not attentive to this at all. I'm basically starting from scratch with this, so it's interesting. I'll try to concentrate on this more, it'll probably take me months to master this.
OOP play is more of a brain twister for me. Because my OOP play is very passive, but Brian said he plays his flopped TP OOP pretty aggressively. I mean this makes sense why it works, but it's just very different from my normal play. I feel there are advantages with this, but I am the type of player that I want to understand why I'm making so and so play. Also, I'm sure you shouldn't make this line EVERY time. There has to be exceptions, but since this is a relatively different concept for me, I have to revisit many old situations and rethink them to play them most efficiently.
Overall, it is a helpful experience. It really makes you sit there and think about certain things. And the great thing is that you can just open your mouth and get your question answered.
Tuesday, May 1, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment