People ask me about timing tells a lot. I'll just give a scenario of what happened to me tonight. It probably isn't the best example because his line should have even told me what he had. But timing tells clearly puts him in a range of hands that beats me. It was definitely a mistake made by me, but it shows how big timing tells are.
http://www.pokerhand.org/?1110654
Given all the info that I was given, I *should* have made the right decision. Even though this could be marginal, it really isn't. If given even more time, I think I should have gotten away and I wasn't thinking clearly.
Anyways, Villian was 39/25/3 stats on the button. I haven't 3bet him very much. I had AK in the bb. Standard 3bet a button raiser. Villian instant called my 3bet. This already told me he didn't have a great hand, but a hand he probably is willing to try to get lucky on.
I made a pretty big cbet on the flop, again he INSTANT called me. At the time I wasn't sure what he had that he could instant called me. But this screams that he doesn't have a huge hand that he wants to raise me against my perceived OP. So his range is probably 55, flush draw, sometimes a weak OP.
Now the turn completes a draw, he INSTANT checked to me. That should have screamed strength, he doesn't want me to know he hit. I obviously couldn't really continue with this hand.
River comes one of my 2 card outs that puts me in RIO situation. But villian tanked it for like 4 or 5 seconds then made a huge raise. Now if I was rational, I should have known he had a flush or at least 55. So I beat absolutely nothing in his range. It was clearly a mistake to call. Also his last timing tell to tank then raise big tells me he has a huge hand, he will never have a worse hand here.
Anyways, I was very disappointed at my river call. But at least I could post this and shows what villian has(though it's pretty obvious).
****
Today overall, I did pretty decent. I made a couple BIs for this late session. Fridays are just ridiculously juicy. So many PL games were running, so many fish. Well today put me up for the week, been struggling the whole week swinging up and down.
Saturday, May 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thanks for the info, interesting stuff.
Good luck this weekend.
Great hand analysis!
Post a Comment