I just finished a decent session. Not much action today, I still made about 1 BI. Can't complain at all. It's hard to play against some crazy players when you don't hit your hands. Also you are forced to be in high variance situations, if they hit a big hand on your pretty good hand, you are going in. It sucks, but still over a long run, it's definitely profitable.
It seems I have a phobia with failure. This game is all about ups and downs. You really can never know if you are doing the right things because results does not give you accurate long term answer. I guess the biggest fear I have now is playing really solid game but still go on a really bad downswing. I'm not sure how I'll react, though I'm not too worried until it comes. When I do get into a huge downswing, I hope I will be more emotionally prepared. Other than a "stop loss", any other advice to combat this? I think I need to play with like 1000BIs. :)
Monday, May 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
The bigger the safety net, the less the $$ will mean to you, the more reckless you will play.
I think stop-loss is key.
Post a Comment