There has always been a leak in my game that probably isn't a leak but it's a high variance break even play. This doesn't become a problem until I become deep stacked. For the past few days, I have been forced to play with 200bb stacks over and over. This type of poker is very very profitable because many many fish are very bad at playing deep stacked. They will make a lot of loose calls and plays because they got the money to blow. And every time you win a pot from them, it values probably up to 30bb+. Over a short period of time, you win a lot of money from them while you will rarely win that sized pot from a 100bb stack player.
So what exactly was my "leak"? Basically I would allow myself to draw due to implied odds because the stacks are sooo deep and play huge pots with marginal hands. But every time I don't hit or I lose a pot or don't get paid off, it costs me a hefty penny. So over time, I will lose my deep stack very very fast. Hence this is a problem I feel a lot of players are struggling with, they just cannot play long sessions because they will break even playing like so.
Also, one good advice is to remember that drawing for a river card is almost rarely profitable. Your implied odds is much smaller because you normally have to pay a lot more on the turn than the flop to see a card. This had to be a big leak of mine, I call a lot of turn bets justifying implied odds and sometimes pot odds. The truth is that, rarely will you get paid off if you hit unless you can put villian on a hand he is never folding even if you hit.
In addition, implied odds has to matter a lot whether or not you are in position. If you are OOP, implied odds is rarely there because you almost never know where you stand in the hand. When you do hit, you aren't going to be paid off often enough. I always wondered why I would lose a lot of medium sized pot yet winning very few of the same sized pots. Well, this is partially the reason. Knowing when to continue past the turn is a HUGE skill in this game.
Anyways, that's it for today. I ran pretty well this afternoon, made about 1.5 BI over a small sample. I got my $150 10 Billionth hand deposit bonus set up on PS, that'll be cool. It sucks I got work tonight and tomorrow night. I usually don't work Sundays but you got to work on Mother's day when you work at a restaurant. :(
Saturday, May 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment