During our long session with Brian and the guys, something just clicked. I think I figured out what I have been doing wrong. I exercise pretty tight table selection anyways, but the problem was that I always crowd myself against the regulars. I'm not sure how much edge I have against them, but I know it's not huge. With my new LAG style, I've been doing better against those regulars but still the money doesn't usually come easy.
Basically something I really neglected these days are the easy money coming from the short stacks. Sure, it's not as rewarding to win less than 100bb stacks, but it's extremely easy money. I played like a 700 hands session, it was literally free money. I got sucked out like 3 or 4 times, but I still came out 2BIs ahead. Also if he sucks you out, it's very likely the money stays on the table so you can take back what you lost later.
I guess something with the online mentality makes you think of stack sizes differently. It is like 50bb stacks are not real money, I want the juicy 100bb+! Also as a beginner, I remember people teaching me to sit in with the big stacks because of implied odds of certain hands(SC, low - mid PP). Well I understand those implied odds now and I can break the rules, I just need to manipulate it against shorter stacks.
Thursday, May 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Great point...something I should think about as well.
Post a Comment